3M Pro Shop Dealer White
Connect With Us
Technics Auto Shield

Automotive Window Tinting – How to Choose a Window Tint Installer

Automotive window tinting has been one of the most loved auto modification techniques. Most areas, local or otherwise, are now filled with tint shops that offer window tinting and other vehicle modification services.

However, it is important that you select the one that can surpass your expectations. So, how do you do that? Let’s have a look on how to go about choosing the right vehicle window tint installer in your area.


One of the easiest ways to find out how successful a company is by looking at the number of years that they have been in the business.  A company that has been in the business for more than 5 years can be your ideal choice.

Most successful companies have branches in most places. This goes for tinting shops too. If you see a branch of a tinting shop in your area then this means that the company has been doing a good job.

Variety in choices

Popular tint shops carry complete lines of tinting products from top manufacturers. Make sure they have these three types of window tinting types – Dyed, Hybrid, and Metallic tints in variety of shades. If you find that a shop has only one or two types of tint then it’s a good idea to move on to find another one.

Such shops will try to sell you their only available products at discounted rate. This means that they have themselves acquired those items on sale or on a stock clearance. Such products might not give you long term satisfaction.


Even if you find a company that you feel is good to go with, make sure you only agree to install window tint film that is backed up by a life time warranty for products and labor. However, if you install tint color that is illegal in your state then it will nullify the warranty.

When you take their services, always request for manufacturer’s warranty and their receipt.

Talk to few previous customers

If possible, ask for their previous customers’ numbers and talk to them. Find out how satisfied they are with the company’s work. A bad review from one customer should be an alarm bell for you. You can also visit the company’s website and look at the customers’ reviews.

Visit their work site and look at the similar works that they have done. Check the quality and finishing of their work.

Best price quotes

Get as many price quotes as you can from window tinting shops in your area. Go for the one that offers you best price. However, price quotes should be your last option in the selection process. Low price does not always guarantee satisfaction.

Only 10% of your decision making strategy should be covered by their price quote. The remaining 90% should be made based on the above given pointers.

Visit us today to have a look at our work. Or, take a look at our Gallery and Videos page.

Check our window tinting page for more information or to know about the benefits of auto window tinting.

Set an appointment with us now. Or, call Cory Benton at (817) 571-8468.


Related Posts

Tell us About Your Project